Marietta Divorce Lawyers
A divorce at its most basic form is a final decree required to legally terminate a valid marriage. During a divorce, the court will decide on property division based on a number of factors, some of which include:
- What assets were owned by whom before the marriage
- The length of the marriage
- The amount of work put into acquiring assets
- Physical and emotional conditions of each spouse
- Debts acquired by each spouse
- Fault in the dissolution of the marriage (abuse, emotional neglect, etc).
Divorce actions also often include requests for alimony, child custody, and child support. If both parties agree to all aspects of divorce, the two can enter into an uncontested divorce. Without an agreement, the divorce is contested.
To get started, set up a consultation with one of our attorneys by calling 770-766-4442.
“Very straightforward and honest with me about the expected outcome of my case.”- Nancy
“If you're looking for a traditional, straightforward, and caring attorney to work with, look no further.”- Ben
“An excellent attorney!”- Briana